Saturday, February 16, 2008

Lucy's Overdress Muslin(s)


Ok, I have been working on the overdress for Lucy. The above pictures are of the first muslin. Please ignore the ugly fabric - just trying to get rid of extra. It turned out too short and too tight where the arms attach to the bodice. So now onto the next muslin:


This time it turned out much better. Longer length and better fit at armhole - though still could use some ease. This time I tried bag lining the sleeves. It wasn't as hard as I thought. The sleeves are a little longer than hers in the movie but my cousin preferred the longer sleeves which we both thought looked more princess-y. The neckline is a little too high but that's ok - I can fix that later. I really like the placement of the seam in the middle of the sleeve. I lowered it by about 2 inches from the original pattern. Now my next step will be to add a peplum and an over skirt to this bodice. I'm pleased with the progress though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Het i like how you have recreated the lucy costume!Post Pix of all the finishing costumes