Sunday, March 30, 2008

Lucy Dress Update

Oh my goodness. It's been forever since I've updated. That's because I haven't sewn any for Prince Caspian recently! But yesterday, I finally bought the silk for Lucy's bodice at Hobby Lobby. It's a little too coppery but I figured that I would never actually find a color I loved. And this went beautifully with the velvet I already had. So, I cut out the bodice and then drew on the swirls with a fabric marker. I may go back over them and make them a little darker. The swirls match the original perfectly. I was rather proud of myself.


Then I assembled the bodice flatlining the silk with some cotton I had on hand. I then made the sleeves baglining them in the same polyester I had made the underdress with (which was stretchy! Bleh!). I then put all the pieces together with the skirt and the peplum. The beaded trim hated me. It would not bend an inch. Which is bad because the peplum is cut on a circle. So finally I just sewed the top of the trim directly to the bodice and the peplum underneath kinda helps it stick out a little. Anyway, here are some in-process pics:




I still have to put the trim on the upper arm, do the French Knots on the bodice, make the neckline, hem the velvet skirt, and do the back lacing. But, I think I have come a long way. I hope to finish this dress this week. Then it will be one down, a million to go!

No comments: