Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Edmund's Battle Outfit

I've almost finished on Edmund's chainmaille. I added the sleeves and added the gold ring trim. I just took the regular chainmaille rings and spray painted them with metallic gold spray paint. Voila:

I then added it to the sleeves and the bottom of the maille. The sleeves were so difficult because they aren't straight across. But even the chainmaille trim in the movie isn't perfect. Overall, I'm pleased with the result:
I also worked on the shoulder pauldrons. I made the five pieces through trial and error. I kept getting the overall shape wrong. Finally I was satisfied. The two pauldrons aren't exactly the same, but they will work. I've glued them together and will let them dry overnight before I try spray painting them silver. I also have to work the design into them.

Also, taking the advice of Alicia's comment on the last post, I dyed the tunic. I just used a dark brown dye and it made it slightly darker red. I was really pleased. I also finally added a shoulder piece like I was talking about. A triangular piece like on Caspian's White Shirt. I think it will make it sit better across the shoulders. I'll try to get my cousin over here sometime to try on the updated ensemble.

Only 30 days!!! AH!!!!!! *begins to hyperventilate*

No comments: