Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lucy's Embroidery

Well, a slight update today. The flowery swirls that I drew on a few days ago were too light. So I went back over the designs with my marker again. Note to anyone else: if you are using a FabricMate marker on real silk, draw your design and then let it dry a day or two as it absorbs into the fabric. It would be much easier to have gone over the design again if the dress wasn't already assembled. But that would have been too easy for me.

I've almost finished the French Knots on Lucy's Bodice. I used embroidery floss from DMC in two colors - an ice blue and a French blue - #775 & #809 in case you care. I went with three strands on each color and wrapped the thread around once. I experimented with wrapping it two and three times, but it was a little much. I am very pleased with the result. It's very 3D which I like. I still have to finish 11 flowers on the back. I've already done 47 flowers. Yeah. This bodice has WAY too many flowers. But it does look nice.