Saturday, April 19, 2008

Edmund's Battle Tunic

Edmund's Battle Tunic is finished!!! Whoo-hoo! Today I did the lion and the hem embroidery. For the lion, I printed off the drawing of the lion on NarniaWeb costumes. I then cut that shape out of fusible webbing and fused one side to a suede-like fabric that I had on hand:
After cutting out the suede to match the glued on lion, I painted the whole thing with some cheap acrylic paint that I had on hand. I specifically did not coat it evenly. I wanted some lighter areas and some darker. I also drew on the lines for the embroidery with a red ink pen:

After that I fused the lion to the tunic and then stitched over the red line marks using a backstitch:

The hem is supposed to have intricate embroidery but I just decided to be fast. I found an old stencil that I had on hand and just stipled the same gold paint through that simple stencil. No where near exact but I don't really care! I am very, very pleased with my finished tunic!

1 comment:

Elenatintil said...

Wow- that lion is really impressive! Great work!

I love metalic paint....