Thursday, April 24, 2008

Susan's Battle Dress Embroidery

Today I "embroidered" the hem of Susan's Battle Dress. I bought some blank stencil sheets at Hobby Lobby and cut out a stencil using this design I made. I then just painted the stencil using my same ol' cheap acrylic gold metallic paint. It took a ton of paint - almost two bottles. I love the result. It might be a little too tall, but I'm super tall so that shouldn't matter!

It's not quite that gold because the red isn't quite that light. It really looks nice. Slowly but surely this dress is getting completed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! i followed your link from the NarniaWeb forums. i was wondering if you were available for commissions? specifically i'm trying to find someone to make me the chainmail tunic for Susan's battle outfit like you made. the rest i think i can do myself but the chainmail i'd rather not try. :P let me know if you're available and your price or if you can point me in a different direction. thanks! devotee80@hotmail.com

--Lisa

Unknown said...

Can I buy it