Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Susan's Cuirass


I've finished the base of the cuirass. Whoo-hoo! It's made of a fake leather cloth and flat-lined in some fabric I had laying around. The fabric is a little too light but once all the straps get glued on, you won't see much of it. Each seam has 1/4" spiral steel boning and the lacing sites have 1/2" boning. It is a little too loose when I tried it on, but when worn over chainmaille, it should fit beautifully. Now I've just got to find tons of leather scraps and belts to put over it. I guess I'll go by Salvation Army tomorrow to look through their selection of belts. I also need to find some things to be her metal things (can't think of the right word).

3 comments:

Leland Dantzler said...

Kind of sketchy, but gorgeous nonetheless. I think a shirt underneath would really make this a fantastic outfit! =D

Anonymous said...

wow, how did you find the leather for that! It looks nice. I want to make something similar to that, but don't know where to start. Could you give me some pointers?

Rachel said...

This is a great post thanks