Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Edmund's Battle Outfit

I am taking the easy road with my fun foam armor. There is a much more complicated process that produces a much better result, but I don't have time. And these pauldrons don't have to look amazing. If you want to follow the detailed instructions, check out this website.

Today I spray painted the glued together pauldrons. I used a metallic silver paint that I had on hand.
I then went around and painted a gold trim on all the edges.
I then took an open bobby pin (with the round tip removed) and started drawing lines around the edges.

What the bobby pin actually did was scrap away the silver paint to reveal the black fun foam underneath. I scraped two lines all the way around (one line is right beside the gold trim - the next is about 1/8 inch away). I then ended up putting another layer of gold paint on the edges.

I still have to scrap some kind of design onto the top layer (at least). Then I'll put decorative rivets, and attach some kind of straps to hold it on. But I'm excited about how it's looking!

I also finished Edmund's chainmaille. Whoo-hoo! Pics soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is So Cool You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elenatintil said...

Those are amazing! I'm going to have to keep that fun foam in mind whenever I get ambitious and try to do some armor!

Patrick Marshall said...

where di you get the pattern for those or did you make them up yourself based of pictures? I want to make these in steel